Wednesday 14 August 2013

August GlossyBox

Hi Everyone!,

My GlossyBox arrived on Saturday, After the Success of the last few and this months theme, High Flyers, I was really looking forward to this box! Sorry this month's pictures aren't that great as well, I'm not sure what's happened I just cant seem to get them right!
In this month's GlossyBox Magazine, There's an interview with GlossyBoxes brand new CEO, Who also mentions some "super surprises and treats" coming up soon which sounds exciting! Hopefully this might mean constant good GlossyBoxes instead of being up and down each month.

I'd seen a sneak peak of the box on Facebook and that product I definitely love!
To be honest when I first opened the box I wasn't wow'ed, It seemed quite light compared to past boxes which worried me but on further inspection this box isn't really that bad!

The box includes products from around the world, Which fits the High Flyers theme, the products are also suppose to be travel friendly so you can take them away with you on your summer holidays.
1) Urban Veda Daily Radiance Facial Wash: Full Size - £7.99 
The words facial wash worry my slightly opposed to cleanser, facial wash makes me think soap, which then makes me think bad for the face. However it does say natural skincare, it claims to balance the skin and naturally brighten, which I like as it could be great for dull skin. Plus it smells great, I'm intrigued to give this a try. This product also seems to be from India, To tie in with the around the world theme.

2) Jelly Pong Pong 2 in 1 Shadow/Liner in Black - £10.50
This is the UK product of the box, I do love Jelly Pong Pong, I've had quite a few really good products from them, I'm quite glad I got this product in the Black shade. Checking their website as well this seems to be a new launch too. Its not the softest pencil in the world, but it blends nicely and I'll probably get some use out of it. I do think it might be slightly over priced though.

3) Oceane Make Up Remover Pen - Unknown
This product from Brazil baffles me slightly, You cant actually buy it in the UK... Plus I cant say I'm a big fan of these types of things, I've had them in the past they're okay but I cant say I'd repurchase it anyway. The old clean up with a cotton bud works just as well, I guess this is a great product to touch up on the go though and just throw in your bag for emergencies. 

4) Emite Make Up Eyelash Curler - £20
This is the sneak peek on Facebook! I was so excited to see these in my box, My usual eyelash curlers are £1.50 from Primark, So having a more expensive pair is such a treat! From Sweden developed for make up artists, These curlers have been designed to fit most eye shapes and not ruin the eye make up. I have to say I've used these once or twice now and I do notice such a difference from my Primark curlers!

5) Tresemme Keratin Smooth Treatment Shot: 15ml - £1.49
The USA product of the box, I've seen these in Boots before and I've been intrigued again with this, but never picked it up. So now I finally get to try it, It seems to help with my frizzy issues which I definitely need! But The packaging annoys me slightly, I'm not sure I'd use the treatment in one go, so I wish it was resealable. 
(Swatches: Left to Right - Jelly Pong Pong 2 in 1 Shadow/Liner in Black, Jelly Pong Pong 2 in 1 Shadow/Liner in Black Blended Out)

This box is ok but I cant say its the best box I've had, I love the eyelash curlers though! I'm sure I'll use the tresemme shot and the jelly pong pong eyeshadow and eyeliner pencil too, I hope next month's box is a bit better because the past few boxes have been great.

What have you thought about this months box?

Eloise x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig