Sunday 27 January 2013

Rimmel Apocalips Review

Hi Everyone,

Today I have a review on the newly released Apocalips by Rimmel, There has been a lot of hype surrounding these products so when they were released on Wednesday I practically ran down to boots to grab a few!


They are currently on 3 for 2 in boots so after many swatches all over my hand, I finally picked up the shades Apocaliptic, Stellar and Celestial. They are like a hybrid between a lip gloss, but have the pigmentation of a lipstick, basically a liquid lipstick. 


Apocaliptic is a Hot Pink with Blue undertones kinda shade, it is very bright, but I'm a big fan of these kinda shades in the summer (MAC Girl about Town is a big favourite).

Stellar isn't the shade I was originally going to go for but I thought why not try something new, I'm still not sure if that was the best idea as it does look slightly orange in some lights and I'm not sure I really suit that sort of shade. In the tube however it looks like a bright peachy pink, also with a bit of a blue undertone, again more of a shade for the summer I think.

However I did pick up a more wearable shade which is Celestial, Ive been wearing this everyday since I got it and I just Love it for this time of the year, Its a Dusky Nude Rose kind of shade, it reminds me a lot of MAC Creme Cup, but far more pigmented. 



The applicator has a dip to it to hold more product, meaning that you don't have to keep dipping back into the tube for more product, I think this is a great idea and wish more lip glosses were like this. Not that you probably need to go and add more product with the pigmentation of these glosses.


Swatches (Top to Bottom) Stellar, Apocaliptic and Celestial. 

I mostly love these lip glosses, they are extremely pigmented, last quite well on the lips, are fairly moisturising, plus when buffed in they can look more matte, then just add a second layer for gloss. The packaging is Fairly Chunky but Ive grown to love it. The only downside to this product is the smell, I'm tying so hard to learn to love it but I don't think that's ever going to Happen, But if you can put a side the smell then these are a brilliant new product from Rimmel to add to the collection. 

Have you tried these? What did you think? Favourite shades?

Eloise x


Share:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig